For the media
The TREA Senior Citizens League News Room is the online resource for reporters to learn more about our work on behalf of seniors. With 1.2 million members, TREA Senior Citizens League is one of the nation's largest nonpartisan seniors groups. If you require additional assistance or would like to request an interview, please contact us.
Sign Up for Press Releases (Media Only)
Journalists: Sign up to receive press releases as soon as they are issued! Send an email to Shannon Benton. Be sure to include your name, news organization, title, contact phone, and e-mail address.
TREA Senior Citizens League
- 83% Of Older Voters Want Medicare To Negotiate Drug Prices
- Millionaires Need to Start Paying Their Fair Share
- 45% Retirees Spend More Than One – Third Of Their Social Security On Medicare
- If “Senior CPI” Used To Calculate COLA, Benefits Would Be 2.1% Higher In 2017 Says The Senior Citizens League
- Recent Social Security Changes Were Unnecessary Benefit Cuts
- 2017 COLA Announcement
- 2017 COLA Forecast
- Older Americans Lose 23% Of Buying Power
- Low COLA To Trigger Medicare Part B Premium Spike
- “Senior CPI” COLA Might Be 7 Times Higher Than Actual 2017 COLA
TSCL in the News
- You May Have to Kiss Some of Your Social Security Benefits Goodbye in These 13 States
- Here Are Americans’ Greatest Retirement Fears
- Should the Chained CPI or CPI-E Dictate Social Security’s COLA? The Public’s Surprising Answer
- 81 Years of Social Security’s Maximum Taxable Earnings in 1 Chart
- 1 Simple Social Security Fix Could Boost Lifetime Payouts by Nearly $30,000, Study Shows
- Counting on Social Security in Retirement? Here’s Why You Need a Backup Plan
- An 8-Point Social Security Checklist to Maximize Your Lifetime Benefits
- Can you pass this Social Security benefits quiz?
- Seniors see Social Security changes as benefit cuts
- Will Donald Trump Fix This 33-Year-Old Social Security Problem?